I. In general
This page was last updated on May 30th, 2017.
Mr. Yvan Christiaens respects the privacy of all users of his website and guarantees that their personal information shall be kept confidential.
This Policy applies to the services provided by Mr. Christiaens. However, Mr. Christiaens shall not be held liable for the Policy of other websites and sources. By visiting Mr. Christiaens’ website, you acknowledge and accept this Policy to its full extent.
Mr. Yvan Christiaens
8572 Kaster (B)
Phone +32 56 77 45 02
Fax +32 56 77 47 52
BE 0770 017 276
III.1. Personal data
The data you provide us with, is mainly the data on the registration form, and on the contact form on the website. Data is also automatically collected through cookies.
III.2. More efficient use of our services
When you visit our website, place an order in the online shop, ask a question by sending us the contact form, etc. you are asked to provide personal data. This data is amongst others used for a perfect implementation of the services, and to guarantee a proper functioning of the website and online shop. The data is stored on a secured server of Mr. Christiaens, or that of a third party.
The personal data is collected with the objective to:
- provide the various services offered on the website;
- take measures to verify the personal data of website users upon registration by means of a userID and password;
- conduct market research to improve the quality of the services;
- invoice purchase and/or delivery of products and services;
- provide information and make offers to website users.
Mr. Christiaens guarantees that fundamentally only the personal data is processed that is required for every specific objective of the processing. Basically, only the minimum of required data for each objective is collected and stored. The information shall not be used for any other objective than those described in this Policy, unless approval was given.
The data can be passed to thirds, such as amongst others bvba Kryanwood with registered office in 8572 Kaster (B), Neerbeekstraat 23 and bvba Multiwood with registered office in 8572 Kaster (B), Waterlostraat 1, which can be considered as affiliated companies of Mr. Yvan Christiaens. This data transfer is required to guarantee a perfect service.
The protection of personal data guaranteed by Mr. Christiaens will also be guaranteed by these thirds, to the same extent.
III.4. Duration of storage
All personal data is stored for a period of time that allows the delivery of services and/or products to be executed.
III.5. Access, correction and removal
The user is entitled to get free access to his personal data at any time. He can request to correct, modify or remove his data, by sending an email or letter to Mr. Christiaens’ address, as given above, provided enclosure of a copy of the user’s ID-card or passport.
The user is completely free in his decision not to provide his/her personal data, or to request for its removal. This can, however, result in refusal of particular services in case Mr. Christiaens has not been given the required personal data.
The user is solely responsible for the accuracy of the data he provides.
III.6. Security and confidentiality
Mr. Christiaens has taken enough measures that are adjusted to technical or organisational level, to avoid annulment, loss, forgery, modification, unauthorised access or accidental disclosure to thirds, as well as any other unauthorised processing of the personal data.
Therefore, Mr. Christiaens can in no case be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from a wrong or illegal use of the personal data by a third.
Particular links or references on the website of Mr. Christiaens to other sites are not controlled, nor managed by Mr. Christaens so the current Policy shall not apply to these other websites.
Every user is entitled to file complaints with the supervising authority (in Belgium: the Privacy Commission with registered office in 1000 Brussel (B), Drukpersstraat 35).
IV.1. In General
IV.2. Information per cookie type
By using permanent cookies the user can be recognized upon a next website visit. Therefore the website can be set to the specific preferences of the user. Also when the user accepted the cookies, this can be retained by means of a cookie. This way the user is not obliged to repeat his preferences so he can save time. Permanent cookies can be removed through the settings of the user’s browser.
Session cookies are used to check which website parts the user visited. This enables maximal adjustment of the services to the surfing behaviour of users, so a perfect and nice use of the website can be guaranteed. Session cookies are automatically removed when the web browser is closed.
These cookies enable the functioning of the website or online shop. For instance cookies that retain login data, language preferences, etc.
IV.3. Which cookies does this website use and which data are stored?
The website uses the following cookies:
- Google Analytics
- objective: retain data and get reports on how the users use the website, in order to improve the services. For further information: https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/
- term: see above link
- Google Adwords
- objective: retain how many users visited the website through a Google ad. For further information: https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/
- term: see above link
- objective: allows the user to ask a question through the pop-up screen which will be in a later phase. For further information: https://www.mylivechat.com/privacy.aspx
- term: see above link
- Pop-up cookie
- objective: allows the user to get – within a 1-hour interval – a pop-up screen every time he visits the website in order to get quicker access to promotions, products, etc.
- term: 1 hour
- Social Sharing via facebook
- objective: allows the user to share particular promotions, products, etc. on Facebook.
- term: one browser session
- objective: to promote the service, YouTube tutorials are posted on the website. For further information: https://www.youtube.com/static?template=privacy_guidelines
- term: see link above
- Cart cookie
- objective: to promote convenience of selecting and purchasing products in the online shop.
- term: 1 hour
IV.4. Control and removal of cookies
Upon the first website visit you can choose to whether or not accept cookies. Click on the banner on the lower part of the website (click ‘accept cookies’).
Information on the activation and deactivation of cookies, and the removal thereof can also be retrieved by using the Help function of the used web browser.
Take into account that the non-acceptance or the removal of cookies can result in less accessibility or malfunctioning of certain functions of the website.
Finally, you can choose to disactivate the cookies by clicking ‘no longer accept cookies’.